So happy to be participating in so many blogging awards! Thank you again TheBookishKhaleesi for nominating me ❤
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
The Questions from TheBookishKhaleesi:
1. What book got you into reading?
That…is a really good question. I think it might be Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt, which I read in fourth grade along with my class. When your that age, there is NOT a lot of school reading material that you enjoy, so the fact that I was way into this story when it was assigned by my teacher must tell you something.
2. Who are your top 3 auto-buy authors?
Usually when I see books by Laurie Halse Anderson, Lauren Oliver, Alyson Noel, Meg Cabot, Sarah Dessen, or Elizabeth Chandler I automatically read the description. I know that I have always liked what these woman write about and their style of writing. Two new authors that I think are always going to be on my radar now are Evan Ronan and Robert Pence. Granted, Evan Ronan was the first author to send me a book for review, so I may be biased, but he has a fantastic way of making borderline psychotic events feel comforting and exciting. Robert Pence has EXTREMELY unique ideas for his books and his characters and writing are so memorable.
3. What book are you most excited for to be released?
There are more books that are already released that I am excited to get, but I have been seeing Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon around EVERYWHERE and have been wanting to read it.
4. Who is your favorite fictional character?
I love snarky and sarcastic characters, I think they have the most personality compared to a character who says the same things as everyone else. My favorite series for SO LONG has been the 1-800-Where-Are-You series by Meg Cabot. The main character, Jessica Mastriani, is stubborn and feisty in the entire series. I also loved Morpheus from the Splintered series by A.G. Howard, and of course Jace from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
5. Do you prefer paperback or hardcover?
Well I mean paperback is cheaper 🙂 I used to always want hardcover books because they stay nice for longer, but being such an avid reader (and having to adult) you learn to go the cheaper route.
6. Would you rather read a standalone or a series?
I think this definitely depends on the book. There have been plenty of books that I have read where I am left wondering WHY there isn’t a second or third, but there have been so many that only needed the one. I guess I prefer a series so that I can continue enjoying the characters and plot.
7. If you could have dinner with your favorite author, who would it be?
Probably J.K. Rowling because she made my childhood amazing.
8. How do you like to read? Physical or eReader?
Physical is what I prefer, but for book reviewing you need to be an eReader. I mean there are definite pros to being an ereader like the books being there instantly, better for reading at night, and all your books are right there. But nothing beats an actual book in your hands, it’s just comforting.
9. If you could live in any fictional world, where would you choose?
10. And lastly just for fun, what is your favorite TV show?
I don’t really watch television, I am more of a movie person. The only show I watch is American Horror Story, and i don’t think I need a reason for that! 🙂
~ My 10 Questions ~
1. What is your favorite book turned into a movie?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your favorite book series?
4. What character do you connect with the most?
5. Do you use a bookmark or do you bend the corner of the page?
6. What genre of book would you like to live in?
7. Do you prefer to buy your books online or at an actual bookstore?
8. Where is your favorite place to read?
9. What author has the best style of writing for you?
10. What are your other hobbies or interests?
~ My Nominees ~
Monique – ToCurlUpAndEscape
Lynne – Fictionophile
Jessica – MyFantasyEscape
Zaheerah – ZaheerahKhalik
Charley – BooksAndBakes1
Veronica and Ashley – CityGirlScapes
Victoria – MeTheCoffeeAndTheBooks